Saturday, May 2, 2009

Evening Garden Party


I have a confession to make: I, BA Bride, am a hopeless romantic. I love all things romance - I love a song that can bring tears to my eyes, a love story so moving that I wish was mine to tell, photos that make me wonder the history behind them and visually stimulating movies that draws me in and makes me feel as if I’m part of the scene wearing a gorgeous Vera Wang gown nibbling on delicate canapés and sipping rose colored champagne; only to realize I’m sitting on my couch wearing my pj’s eating popcorn and drinking a raspberry ginger ale. Most especially I love films with a great party scenes. I really like films with a formal garden party.  I grew up on a plantation and I remember my parents throwing some of the most gorgeous parties outdoors on the lawn, hence my love affair with all things party and gardens.

Some of my favorite films that have fabulous evening garden parties are: The Great Gasby, Sabrina (both of the 1954 and 1995 versions), and Meet Joe Black.

If I could have my dream wedding and use my favorite films as inspiration, it would have to be an evening lawn party with fabulously dressed guests, great food and drinks, a live band and fireworks. Here’s an inspiration board that I created with that vision in mind. Can’t you here the orchestra playing?


Top Row

No comments:

Post a Comment